张田余教授现任香港中文大学（深圳）校长讲座教授、深圳数据经济研究院副院长、深高金制度与资本市场研究中心主任、会计理学硕士项目主任。曾就职于香港城市大学和香港中文大学。张教授长期致力于会计和财务领域的研究，特别是通过文本分析等新兴技术分析中国资本市场中制度和治理问题的相关议题。他的相关研究成果在经济、金融及会计国际高水平期刊发表。他的研究同时还吸引了诸如《华尔街日报》、美联社、《财新周刊》等海内外媒体的关注。他现任The Accounting Review和Contemporary Accounting Research编委会成员。张教授曾在Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Law and Economics and Journal of Law, Economics and Organization等国际顶尖学术期刊发表数篇学术论文。
1. “The effect of audit adjustments on earnings quality: Evidence from China”, (with Clive Lennox and Xi Wu), 2016, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.61, 545-562.
2. “Mixing Business with Politics: Political Participation by Entrepreneurs in China”, (with Xunan Feng and Anders C. Johansson), 2015, Journal of Banking and Finance.
3. “Political Incentives to Suppress Negative Financial Information: Evidence from State-controlled Chinese Firms”, (with Joseph Poitroski D. and T J Wong), 2015, Journal of Accounting Research.
4. "Politically Connected CEOs, Corporate Governance, and the Post-IPO Performance of China's Partially Privatized Firms". (with Joseph Fan and T J Wong), 2014, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance.
5. “Change for Change’s Sake? Does Mandatory Partner Rotation Improve Audit Quality? ”, (with Clive Lennox and Xi Wu), 2014, The Accounting Review.
6. “Political Participation and Entrepreneurial Initial Public Offerings in China”, (with Xunan Feng and Anders C. Johansson), 2014, Journal of Comparative Economics.
7. “Politicians and the IPO Mechanism: The impact of impending political promotions on IPO activity in China”, (with Joseph Piotroski), 2014, Journal of Financial Economics.
8. “Institutions and Organizational Structure: the Emergence of Corporate Pyramids in China”, (with Joseph Fan and TJ Wong), 2012, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization.
9. “Political Considerations in the Decision of Chinese SOEs to List in Hong Kong”, (with Mingyi Hung and T J Wong), Journal of Accounting and Economics, 2012, Vol. 53: 435-449.
10. “Why Does the Law Matter? Investor Protection and its Effects on Investment, Finance, and Growth”, (with David McLean and Mengxin Zhao), Journal of Finance, 2012, Vol. 67: 313-350.
11. “Founder Succession and Accounting Properties”, (with Joseph Fan and TJ Wong), Contemporary Accounting Research, 2012, Vol. 29: 283-311.
12. “Executive perks: Compensation and corporate performance in China”, (with Ilan Alon and Pattarin Adithipyangkul), Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 2009.
13. “Political-connected CEO and post IPO performance of China listed companies”, (with Joseph Fan and TJ Wong), Journal of Financial Economics, 2007. Vol. 84: P330-357.
14. “Pyramidal Ownership Structure and Proprietary Disclosure: Evidence from Segment Reporting in Hong Kong,” (with Peter Chen), International Journal of Business Research, 2005.